3 Days in Vancouver, British Columbia!

Summary of itinerary for those who prefer to skip and want to visit:

Bike rent: Mobi
Restaurants: Diva at the Metropolitan, ARC Restaurant, Stock & Supply at Delta, Carl's Jr., Quesada 
Entertainment: Cabana Lounge
Touristic places: Gas Town, Science World, Downtown Van
Lodging: Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver, Renaissance Marriott


Hi again! As usual, I'm not taking good care of my blog (that I'm the only who read for myself in the future). But as the responsible person that I am, here I am... Writing....

And this time I'll share about my trip to Vancouver, British Columbia. The main reason was to renew my US tourist visa. Which appointment I made a year and a few months previous to my arrival. There were no appointments for Toronto by the time I did it because of COVID, duh! I was living in Toronto by then, but now I am living in Thunder Bay. Small, cozy city, located on the northwest of Ontario, next to the province of Manitoba, and closer to Minnesota, USA. 

But finishing my introduction and starting this, I went to Van for 3 days on a solo trip. It was funny the fact that I experienced in person what I normally see on the meme about Van (Endless rain). It was kind of annoying for me as it does not rain much where I live. And as I've been in Thunder for a year now, being in Van with such many people around was a different feeling at all. Yeah... I got used to my small city with not many people.

When I arrived at the airport (adding to the story that the flight was one stop in Toronto and then transferring to another plane to go back the same way but to Van). I was exhausted but mostly excited. I love time with me, as I can do everything on my timeline and without thinking much in pleasing the other. 

I bought a ticket and took the subway, it dropped me close to the waterfront, I loved how clean and spacious it was. My plan was to surprise my previous Sous Chef of the place I currently work, but unfortunately I couldn't find him. So I decided to walk around the area. 

I tried to find a local place where I could enjoy food, but was told by my boyfriend that Van's specialty was seafood. And I'm an unusual Caribbean woman who does not eat seafood. Therefore, I went for my safe way, which means, to a burrito place. I had lunch at "Quesada" and then walked around the area to get to know downtown Van.

After a beautiful walk, I went shopping as I needed some stuff that I can't get in Thunder Bay for the lack of variety of stores. And went to get a few souvenirs for my shelf collection as well. 

Then checked-in at the Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver. I went to check the pool as I love pools. But there were some children playing around and it was too cold for my preference. I decided to enjoy the sauna instead, which surprised me because it had a TV on it. After that, I enjoyed a hot bathtub in my room. I picked up my dinner at Carl's Jr. As it has been so long I don't eat from there, as I have never seen one in any other location in Canada. 

Next day, on May the 5th, I had breakfast at "Diva at the Met '' located in the hotel. Service, food and the atmosphere with its structure was great. I reserved a bicycle on my phone without even checking how the weather was outside. I went for my appointment, and then I visited the Vancouver Art Gallery, I was expecting more but can't deny I liked it. I started my trip on the bike, it was raining but it would not stop me as I already paid for it. Moreover I could not waste my 3 (or 2) days trip in a hotel room. 

I can confirm that I loved the experience (for better reference there is a highlight on my IG). First stop was the Fairmont Waterfront Vancouver, for a dessert that attracted me a lot when I saw it on their website. I ordered a "Carrot Masala Cheesecake" . I think it was the name. It was delicious but I was expecting a bigger portion for the price. Anyways, I went back to pick up my bike on the return station and rode to gas town to watch the famous steam clock. Then on the way I saw the Vancouver tower. 

I passed through a park and popped up to the Vancouver Science World, I did not go inside but enjoyed the view as there was a lake where some people were canoeing, a lot of others riding bicycles around and other more activities happening. I departed after a few minutes, headed to the mall and returned the bike (my tour lasted like an hour and a few minutes).

The only reason I went to the mall was because it was in front of the hotel I was staying at and I was curious on how it would be inside, which I could say, nothing special, just a mall. I went to the hotel to change my clothes and then met Coral, a friend from my university back home, which means I haven't seen her for about 10 years. It was very pleasant to spend time with her and get to know about her life in Van. We had dinner at "Stock & Supply"  located at Delta Hotels Vancouver Downtown Suite. Service was amazing, the food tasted delicious and the presentation was very delicate. 

After I walked back to the Renaissance (fun fact: this is where my boyfriend was destined to work before he was transferred to the hotel he currently works at and I met him) . I changed my clothes and walked to Cabana Lounge in order to meet my other friend whom I met at the college residence in Scarborough. I was very happy to see her and along I got to meet her other latinos friends, of which a couple was Dominican as me. 

It was cool the fact that I had the opportunity of experiencing nightlife in Van. I did not spend much time there as I am not a clubbing person, but meeting her and spending some time there was fun. I walked back to my hotel, and enjoyed the way with all the neon lights, other places had music playing inside but that could be listened to outside.

When I got back home, oops to the hotel, (LOL) I went for another hot bathtub and had a great sleep. Next day I checked-out and took the train back to the airport. (Front desk staff was amazing, I loved that they have umbrellas to use on request)

After all I could say I love taking advantage of turning out an errand to become a special touristic trip itself. I am very happy to have the opportunity of stepping in another province of Canada. (which many Canadian friends are telling me I have been in more provinces than them, hehe).

I'm looking forward to visiting more provinces and sharing it here as well. 

I promise I'll write down about my experience in Thunder Bay, places to visit, and restaurants to eat. etc.

My next plans are going back to DR for a tourist trip with my boyfriend (which you guys don't know yet), another plan is an international trip to Mexico or Panama, and another goal is to step in another province of Canada. God's will looking forward to accomplishing these this year.

Any questions?  Reach me @awi.rmr on IG or I'll be happy to read your comments here. 

PD: I wish I wrote less so it is more attractive to read but it's impossible.






















Comentarios