12 Days in Toronto 2023 - First time of...

What to do in Toronto:

Photos & Videos of this trip @awi.rmr (IG & TikTok)

A trip full of incredible experience and amazing recommendations! A lots of "first time at"

My last vacation was in Toronto and few days in Hamilton. As per last year we again repeated our visit to my boyfriend's family on January 2023 on the light of his birthday. Likewise, to celebrate our delayed Christmas as we both work in the service industry this is the time for us to be off and celebrate. 

Instead of telling everything with details of what I did, this time I'll leave a list and a highlight of our experience. (Or I'll try so lol)

Day 1

Arrival 

Everything went smoothly. We traveled with Flair Airlines and after I asked a flight attendant to mention my boyfriend's birthday we felt so special.  

Dinner at Milagro Cantina

In 2018 I used to work in this Mexican Restaurant and since then whenever I visit Toronto is a must stop. I'm in love with their food. It's authentic Mexican cuisine with top notch quality products. They serve the best Margarita I would ever had. 

Maple Leaf game
My first time ever at the Scotiabank Arena. I loved the experience and I would totally recommend anyone to experience this at least once if visiting Toronto. 

Day 2
We spent a day pass at his grandparents house in Barrie. 

Day 3 

Little Canada 
Is a museum where you can enjoy many cities of Canada in a miniature version. This is certainly a must go for anyone. You can get to know Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Niagara most important and famous places. They are still working on expanding more cities. 

Le petit chef 
Is a small restaurant where there's a show projected on your table by a "petit chef". It is simulating that the chef is cooking for you, afterwards the servers will come and drop the food in your table. 

Day 4

Platinum Club
Is a restaurant located inside the Scotiabank Arena with a high quality service. You can start your dinner and in the half time come back to your table and continue your dinner. That day we watched the Raptors game. The experience is unbelievable and extremely funny. We also grabbed a drink at Air Canada signature Club. 

Day 5

St. Lawrence Market
I lived in Toronto for about three years and this place was on my list. I finally got to visit it! There's a lot of variety of fruits and vegetables there. A lot of spots sell meat as well. And there are some stands for cooked food or drinks to grab. 

Hamilton 
After visiting and having lunch at the Market, we headed to Hamilton. It was my first time using the Go Train. And I really like how comfortable it is.

Courtyard by Marriott Hamilton is the hotel we stayed. We spent a night there, as the reason for going to Hamilton was to attend morning service church at Church on The Rock (which I mentioned in my post of my first visit to Toronto in 2017)

Shoeless Joe 
That night we crossed the street and went to have dinner at Shoeless Joe. I was so happy there was a SJ close by the hotel. Years ago, I worked for the location that was on Scarborough and I always loved their food, specially the flatbread. 

Day 6

Church on the Rock 
That morning we went to church and afterwards we visited a couple that I met in 2017

In the afternoon we departed back to Toronto

Day 7

Toca, Ritz Carlton

We had lunch at Toca, located at the Ritz Carlton. Such a delicious menu. Our former amazing sous chef took care of us and invited to try the menu and few drinks while he was on shift. 

Eaton Center
Is a mall located in Downtown with a huge extension of stores. There is every store you can ever ask. We went for shopping. And I grabbed a hot dog Pretzel that I was craving for a while. 

Day 8 

Aquarela Restaurant
We went for lunch all the way to the other side of the city to eat Dominican food. I chose aquarela because they make my favorite beans compared to the other 4 Dominicans restaurants that I know around. 

Casa Mezcal
I had a delicious birria quesadilla and met a couple of friends. That restaurant also makes good Margaritas. 

Princess of Wales Theater 
We went with my friend Natalia to watch "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" it was my first time watching theater of that magnitude in Toronto. It was a really enjoyable experience. 

Day 9 

Disney Animation Immersive Experience
We went to that beautiful exhibition and took some nice photos and enjoyed the videos. It was my first time at the light house. 

Quetzal 
My first time eating in a Michelin Star restaurant. I would say that the food was really good. Furthermore, the atmosphere and place was outstanding. 

Day 10

Aloette and Alo
Alo was my second Michelin Star restaurant visited during this trip. It was a funny night. I'll tell you why: My boyfriend's family and him went to Alo for a 11 courses dinner. The restaurant is 90% seafood/fish. As I don't eat either I decided not to go, but I had my dinner at Aloette from the same owners and located downstairs. As it takes time for a 11 course meal, I tried to consume as much as I could at Aloette. I asked the hostess if I spend to much time on my seat to let me know if there was a reservation coming, it was therefore, she transferred me to the bar in Alo. There I had a complementary drink and later on I was invited to enter to the main restaurant where my boyfriend's family was having dinner, so I can have dessert with them. There I tried more than 4 desserts. The service was top notch, at Alo I really felt like in a Michelin Star restaurant. 


Day 11

Medieval Times

I couldn't believe I lived in Toronto and I haven't gone to Medieval Times before. It is a restaurant that you are served and expected to eat like the medieval times, no cutlery at all. While the staff is performing a battle and contest with horses. 

Day 12

Time to flight back! 

I would name this trip as a first timer of many things!

Feel free to check my Tiktok @awi.rmr for detailed photos of the trip and Instagram Reel as well.

Enjoy some collages:





















Comentarios

Publicar un comentario