3 Days in Ottawa!

I was invited by my friend Caroline for this trip, and how can I say no? So, here we go. After a while not being posting anything to my “personal blog that only I read” lol. I decided to update it with some activities that I’ve being doing in Canada this summer. Many surprises are coming. Sneak peek: Quebec, in Ontario and Alberta. Exciting, no?


After 4 hours riding, with Caroline, Roy and Andony. We finally cross over downtown Ottawa. Checking in on the majestic and famous Hotel “Fairmont Château Laurier”. We spent two nights, and mostly enjoyed day #2.

The following day in the morning, we reached Cora for breakfast. This restaurant was very delicious with huge servings and spectacular service, I really liked it. Funny to know that after few days I realized it is also close to my place in Toronto.


After filled our stomach, we walked around Byward Market. There are chic restaurants, bakeries and small boutiques. We then walked to Major’s Hill Park, where there’s a panoramic view of the canal and you can appreciate the division of Quebec and Ontario by a simple river, that defines the border of the two provinces. It should be noted that Ottawa’s Rideau Canal is the world’s largest ice rink. So, don’t hesitate to visit on winter!


After appreciating the view from above we have descended and followed a long trail by walk (please ride a bike as everyone else). The Rideau Canal Promenade has important museums around, so we had the opportunity of seeing from different points the Parliament of Canada, the Library, the Confederation Building, the Bank of Canada, the Justice Building and the Supreme Court of Canada.



We walked on the pedestrian street, named Sparks Street. Ending on the Confederation Square. Where we after picked up the car and drove to this restaurant called Crafted Ottawa, where we were planning to have some beer sample from around the word. Unfortunately, it didn’t happen. We decided then to order some beers and having lunch. The place has a nice decoration, but not an awesome experience.

 

We then drove around the other side in Gatineau. And were surprised on how everything changed, as we were in Quebec by the moment. All the signpost changed, the architecture and I can say the atmosphere felt different as well.


The day after, we went back to Rideau Canal, but this time we booked a cruise. The cruise took us around the river with a very sympathetic lady that was narrating stories, and presenting the museums on the shore, we also saw the prime minister house!




And not to forget, that morning we went back to Byward Market and had breakfast in a French bakery that attracted me from the outside. Resembled to “Villar Hermanos“ in Dominican Republic. There, in Le Moulin de Provence is where I first tried the Croque Monsieur. This is a French ham and cheese sandwich with bechamel sauce facing up. After breakfast I made a reservation to enjoy the pool at the Fairmont. I’m an aquatic person and living in Canada I don’t have this opportunity of enjoying pools and beach as I used back home.


And here is our trip ended, I can consider this one as cultural tourism, but don’t worry if you prefer nature, the next post would be about ecotourism.

 

 

Comentarios