Squeezing Dominican Republic in a week!

Today after a year (yes as the last post), I'm coming to share you about my trip to Dominican Republic. As an introduction of it, it is good to let you know that I've been living as a temporary resident in Canada. So my boyfriend Roy and I had the decision of visiting my family (specially for the birth of a new member in my family: Matteo). And as a consequence we took advantage of it, making sightseeing or let's say: internal tourism.



But, first of all, I would like to apologize if any errors in this post. I'm making it in English so I can improve it and your feedback are very welcome as well.


If you want to go all the way down and have a quick look of what happened, you can find a list of the places we went with the prices included.


So, we were in DR for a week, I tried to make a nice itinerary in which my bf could get to know different provinces from my home country. It was kind of rushing but worth it. Now that we are back in Toronto we are like "it was like a dream, and we are just back".



We arrived at SDQ, Santo Domingo Airport. And I previously asked my mom to please make us a delicious "mangú with los tres golpes". And here's the picture of me, delighted with it, hah. (Find out more pics in my IG in the highlight (RD 1/RD2)


On the first day after having breakfast at my mother's we went to the salon and later had a break at home, and my best friends Eliana & Garyna surprised me at home.






Day #2: Santo Domingo


Cueva Los Tres Ojos
It's a cave located in the capital composed by 4 small lakes, the cost of the entrance is $100 pesos and $200 for tourist (about USD $4).


It includes unlimited time in the cave, you can have a boat ride for $25 pesos so you can enjoy the second eye view, which is fascinating. Before this place, I went to visit my friends from the church. It was awsome to see them and how the church has progressed in such short time.


After it, we went to Hotel Jaragua, as many of you know I love brunching there. But this time I had a look of it and to be honest it wasn't as I expected (before they had more variety of food in the buffet). So we decided to grab an ice cream from their café, and to go for lunch at Chili's. I'm happy That Chili's Bella Vista keep their quality, flavor and good service.



In the night we passed through "El Malecón" it's a long avenue with an ocean view in which night life is very popular for family activities. We got into "Ciudad Colonial", we walked in "El Conde" which is a long pedestrian street with bars, restaurants and souvenir's stores, and sat in Caciba, a Rock and Roll bar.







Day #3: Cabrera & Río San Juan


Here we started our trips out of the city, we had for breakfast a nice tortilla cooked by my father, and then we departed to Cabrera. We visited Blue Lagoon, Dudu Lagoon, and Gri-Gri Lagoon with a beautiful view of mangrove and a tour that includes a natural pool in the sea, a cave visit and Caleton Beach. We didn't stop at Catelon because we believed that the swim we did at the natural pool was more enjoyable. After these three attractions, we finished having lunch at "Café París" which is located in Río San Juan. We were amazed about their food and service. I will highly recommend this place, tasty, good portion and a range of variety on food and drinks items.




Day #3 & #4: Punta Cana & Miches


We went with Eliana and her bf for a sleepover in Miches. We first arrived to Bávaro, and ate "mofongo with pulled stew chicken". And after, we visited my favorite beach club and had some drinks. What I like the most about Pearl Beach Club is that I can have the sensation of being in a resort, because they have a nice pool, with Jacuzzy and an one minute far beach.


In the night we arrived to Miches. We slept there at "Coco Loco" (which you can find more about it in a previous post of the last year). In the morning I had the opportunity of watching the sunrise. After it, we got ready and had breakfast. Of course a delicious "mangú" (yeah, again). And after we went to "Montaña Redonda". From this mountain you can enjoy an ocean view plus two lakes.



In the night we visited my brother's and Amanda's place and ate Pizarelli.



Day #5: Jarabacoa


Days are flying, we are already tired but happy to see my f&f.Mom arrived around 6am, as you noticed I did all my trips with my lovely ones. For me, it was a great way to remember these trips and at the same time to have quality time with them.In Jarabacoa, we did rafting. It only costs USD$50 p/p and trust me it's worth it. We did it with Rancho Baiguate. They include buffet breakfast, a tour guide, entrance to their hotel (where you can do a trekking), buffet lunch. All of this with unlimited non-alcoholic drinks and an alcoholic drink that you can have after the rafting.In the night we visited Hooters, and I met Wallie and Perla (yes the girls from the Costa Rica post) and their wonderful mother. What can I say about Hooters? Well, tbh I was desperate about going because in Toronto my favorite dish didn't taste the same, but once I had it in Santo Domingo it happened that it wasn't the same as before, sad experience. But fine.






Day #6: Santo Domingo


No more provinces please, hah jk. So one more day and we are leaving my beautiful country. This Friday we brunched with my father a delicious chicken breast in a mushroom sauce cooked by him. And after it, we went to Jannyll Beauty Salon for my new haircut. I've got what I wanted, special thanks to Marisol. After getting ready, we went to my friend Cristine house. They prepared a christmas dinner for me. As they believed I didn't have a proper one in Toronto. It was a beautiful gesture from them and extremely delicious.



Day #7: Depature to Toronto


In the morning I wanted to go to a specific place for empanadas. We were late, but come on, how can I leave DR without an empanada on my digestive system? My fav one was closed, but then we found another one closed by. Also, even I told my mother not to cook breakfast for us, she did a mangú. And fan fact: I re-heated this mangú a day after in Toronto. Yes it traveled all the way in a checked bag lol.











As I always try, I was expecting to write less. But here I'm leaving a quick summary of the activities we've done with their prices for future references for me and for you as well.


*Canadian Dollar


Food:

Drinks at Pearl (for 4) $58.41Las Delicias (4 people: appetizer, main course, soft drinks) $31.72Chili's (2) $51.93
Lunch at Café París  (4 people: drinks, main course, dessert and take out) $111.80
Hooters (2) $56.04
Pizarelli (2 pizones for 8 ppl) $66.10

Attractions:
Los tres ojos cave (admission) $5.12
Redonda Mountain (admission) $
Rancho Baiguate Rafting (para 2) $62.22
Blue Lagoon $1.28
Dudú Lagoon $3.84
Gri-Gri Lagoon (boat up to 6) $51.28

Other expenses:
Night stay at Coco Loco (2 rooms, breakfast for 4 + soft & alcoholic drinks) $100.74
Gas total $115.47


Over all of this, you gotta add the toll and tips.

Comentarios

Publicar un comentario